Friday, June 3, 2011

A Letter from Show Host Andru Valpy - Wake up Winnipeg

 Dear Fans and followers,

It's not often that I ask for your help in supporting Wake Up Winnipeg or The Aimless & Andy show.

In fact, I  am more than happy with a twitter or Facebook follow as a small sign of your support.

So it may come to a surprise to some of you faithful listeners and followers that I am personally reaching out to all of you for your help on our show.

On Tuesday night, between 6:30 pm and 9:00 pm I was attending the NHL Return party at The Forks market place while and recording live audio for this weeks episode of Wake Up Winnipeg.

I had just finished recording a few candid fan reactions and live audio bits and was walking back to the parking lot located next to City-Tv.

My silver Zoon digital recorder was located safe and snug in it's tight fitting pocket.

I went straight home to edit the recordings and prep them for Wednesdays show, only to learn that my Zoon was no longer in it's pocket.

Thinking it might be in my car, I went and looked under every seat and their cushions without any luck.

Early the next morning, I called the Forks Market Place and the Johnson terminal lost and found department and provided a detailed description of the recorder. Sadly but expected, it was not turned in.

As a result, the fans I had interviewed and the excitement of the celebration was cut short.

Wednesdays show was partially salvaged as I had switched memory cards halfway through, but only enough to cover the news report I recorded while on the scene.

It has now been four days since the celebration, and despite a few tweets and phone calls, the recorder we use on wake up Winnipeg has not shown up or been turned in.

At this point, I am asking for your help in putting the word out to those that may have details about this lost item, and more specifically those who were at the celebration on Tuesday night that might know someone with a new electronic digital audio recorder.

This recorder is silver, with two microphones built into it and can be best described as something that looks similar to a tazer. On the back, it has a yellow Umfm sticker on the back battery pack.

Or, exactly like this image:


This recorder is not station property and was something I paid out of my own pocket for in an effort to grow and expand our show while reaching out to the world on behalf of our viewership.

Over the last two years we have been able to talk to your favorite artists, actors and other people of interest and have shared their stories with you because of this tool.

Without this tool, we may not be able to offer a flexible interview schedule with future bands and artists of whom have busy unpredictable schedules.  

Our show will still air normally each week, but I would like to inform our listeners that the loss of this tool will now effect our live event coverage and limit the amount of interviews that Natty and I can conduct outside of the studio.

If you or your friends know anything about this or have found this lost media device please feel free to have them contact me at Andru@aimlessandandy.com or have them return it anonymously to UMFM studios (located on the 3rd floor of University Centre at the University of Manitoba).

A safe recovery would be more than appreciated and would continue to add to our shows production value.

Finally, I have initiated a no questions asked policy for anyone who may have found it or mistakenly took it out of confusion and I would be happier just to have the device back in the hands of it's rightful owner.

I appreciate your help and attention to this matter, and more importantly... I am truly thankful for your support and encouragement in the growth of our independent radio programs.

With thanks,

Andru Valpy
Wake up Winnipeg - CJUM 101.5 FM

E: andru@aimlessandandy.com
O: (204) 474-7027
W: http://wakeupwinnipeg.com
W: http://twitter.com/wakeupwinnipeg

No comments:

Post a Comment