Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wake Up Winnipeg - Epsiode 51



Hosted Live/Produced/Recorded
by: Andru Valpy
Air Date: 7/22/2010 on CJUM 101.5 UMFM - 6:00 PM
Download Location iTunes.
Web: http://wakeupwinnipeg.com
Become a FaceBook Fan: http://www.facebook.com
Rebroadcast: 7/28/2010 on CJUM 101.5 UMFM - 6:30 AM

On This weeks episode of Wake Up Winnipeg, I focused on recent events that have occurred both locally and nationally.

I briefly mentioned my visit to Bon Jovi with guests Kid Rock and Winnipeg Based artist Sierra Noble (who I've talked to on multiple occasions on Wake Up Winnipeg) and mentioned how fantastic it was that I was able to attend thanks to my friend Adam Taylor. Though I wasn't working that night, I will say my guest and I had a lot of fun listening to all of the artists perform. That, and it was nice to see Bon Jovi for a second time after seeing him back in ONE WILD NIGHT tour back in 1998 while living in Arizona.

I gave a pair of tickets away to the Manitoba Museum Planetarium Laser Shows which is on now and runs through September 6, 2010 on Thursday's, Friday's and Saturday nights. More information may be found by clicking here.

I gently asked you (our listeners) thought of our governments plan to make the census voluntary after the chief statistician Munir Sheikh stepped down from his post after the announcement was made. The question posed was "Do you think census should be mandatory? or voluntary?" Click the below button to e-mail us your answers. (Buttons will start a new e-mail)

Mandatory Voluntary

On this weeks episode I once again touched on my visit to The Winnipeg Folk Festival and aired an interview Leonard from Winnipeg based band The Duhks who once again played on their "third or fourth" visit to the Festival. Following the interview, I played a track entitled Pretty Boy Floyd/Stoney Point from their album: Your daughters & Your Sons.

Finally on this weeks episode I talked about an article I posted earlier in the week on The Aimless & Andy Show Blog in which I share my views on the impact music makes on a child and why I feel it is important to share music from a young age.

YOU MAY READ THE ARTICLE BY CLICKING HERE.

This article was inspired while voluntarily hosting the children's stage at the Winnipeg Folk Festival, with help from all of the artists I had crossed paths with during my three days on stage.

I also wrapped up the show with a track from Aaron Nigel Smith that he recorded with Ziggy Marley entitled Everyone Loves To Dance which comes from the album of the same name released in 2009.


As always, I thanked you all for your individual contributions and support on Wake Up Winnipeg which is hosted, created and put together weekly by myself...but with the help of people like you.

So, until next week...enjoy the summer...watch out for the rain, and remember...You only live once!

Rock it!
-Andru

No comments:

Post a Comment